[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Reader docs (Was: audiences revisited or revised ???)

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Aug 5 18:08:30 CDT 2005

At 06:52 PM 8/5/2005, chr at home.se wrote:
>However, this involves telling the user to append '?action=upload' to an
>URI - not sure how "nice" that is...

not nice at all.

>I wonder if that means we should perhaps explain to (advanced) readers
>about things like ?action=upload, ?action=diff, as well as that they can
>go to a specific page by appending for instance ?pagenmae=SomeThing

diff is already explained as page history ...as for action=source,
action=attr and so on... Naw, I remember Pm said that the links which
are not explicitly included in the interface should not be shown to
casual readers.

Anyway, what does a reader care about the list of uploads? If the
readers reach an upload and they want the file, they can click it to
get it, like in any normal web page. Same as for the sidebar links;
we don't have to give the reader our terminology for something unless
it's wiki-specific.

So let's agree to disagree for now and wait for other people's
opinions on this :)

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)