[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: audiences revisited or revised ???

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sat Aug 6 03:48:36 CDT 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I (perhaps naively) think that the tools and markup at our disposal
> ought to be able to handle this particular job without having to
> introduce a specialized one.  At any rate, I'd like to start out
> that way, and if it turns out I'm wrong we'll fix it then.

>    %audiences% Reader, Author (Basic)

That's fine with me (although perhaps %pmwiki-doc% or %pm-doc% instead?),
assuming that we're only going to use this to place a visual marker on a
page to indicate audience and level.

OTOH, if we want to use this to automatically generate lists (wiki trails)
of the documentation pages for different audiences, I'm slightly worried
that people will write the styled text differently => making it difficult
to search for it.

But then... maybe we should be using categories instead... in which case I
think it should be enough to place a category tag on the page, e.g.

	[[!PmWikiDoc-reader]] [[!PmWikiDoc-basic]]

Perhaps we could then add something to PmWiki.GroupHeader that
automatically checks the category of the current page and displays
something accordingly? We could imagine something like

	(:if cateogory PmWikiDoc-reader:)
	%pmwiki-doc% Reader%%
	(:ifend:)
	(:if cateogory PmWikiDoc-admin:)