[pmwiki-users] View modes

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Aug 9 08:10:41 CDT 2005

At 2005-08-09  01:25 AM -0400, Bronwyn Boltwood is rumored to have said:
>As a base, the standard needs to contain descriptions of the four
>standard views, and detail each view's purpose, required functions,
>and recommended features.

In particular for the "display" or "stealth" view, you will probably want
to configure the wiki with clean URLs that omit the phrase "wiki",
otherwise the stealth activity will be revealed by the address bar.

If you accept this premise, then the views become a bit more than just the
functions provided by the skin.

I don't feel that I need to banish the phrase "wiki" from the URLs on any
of my wikis, but I do set $EnablePathInfo = 1;

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668