[pmwiki-users] Locked SideBar in new installation

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 12:23:54 CDT 2005

Hi, I find it unsatisfactory that the SideBar is locked when you do a
new installation of PmWiki. Everything installs like a dream, and
PmWiki is running within minutes, without even needing a config.php
file. but the SideBar is locked and can't be edited (as every page in
the Site group).

I would prefer very much that the SideBar is editable right from the
start, to emphasise the open wiki nature, and that it is not necessary
first to create a config.php file and set an admin password, in order
to liberate the editing of the SideBar. I find these admin steps far
too much and in the way of an easy start. Let an admin restrict
editing of the SideBar if he wishes, but let it be distributed with
'nopass' set.

I brought this issue up before, and Pm said it is okay with him to do
so, but wanted more feedback from others. So please make your views
known on this issue! Thanks.

--
Best regards,
 Hans