[pmwiki-users] Locked SideBar in new installation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 11 09:01:12 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 06:23:54PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Hi, I find it unsatisfactory that the SideBar is locked when you do a
> new installation of PmWiki.

Okay, I'll set up the sidebar to be unlocked by default.
However, we still need to decide what should go in the distributed
version of the SideBar -- i.e., what should an admin see in the
sidebar when a new installation is started.  (Notably, the distributed
SideBar should *not* be the same as the sidebar that appears on
pmwiki.org, which has other purposes to fulfill.)

I've started a sample sidebar at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/SideBar .
All are welcome to edit it and make improvements/suggestions there --
once we have a workable consensus I'll put it into the distribution
as an unlocked page.

A related note:  I'm wanting to eliminate the use of <h1>'s
in many of PmWiki's default pages.  Many of the semantic
web initiatives are establishing a convention that a page
should have only one <h1> tag in it, typically to highlight
the page's title.  Thus, the section headings in the sidebar
and in the edit form should probably be rendered as <h2>'s
or lower.