[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.0.beta55 released

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Thu Aug 25 13:12:57 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 12:28:36PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> The (:include:) directive now allows a list of pages to be searched
> for inclusion; the first existing page is selected.  Thus the markup
>
>     (:include Page1 Page2 Page3:)
>
> includes the contents of the first available of Page1, Page2, or Page3.

Those semantics make me want it called (:include_one_of:) or something.
Just looking at it, I'd expect that line to mean "include Page1, then
include Page2, then include Page3"

Could this behavior be mediated by a parameter to include?

	(:include -one Page1 Page2 Page3:)
	(:include -all Page1 Page2 Page3:)

Or some such? For pages that don't exist, nothing is included. Of
course, there would need to be an appropriate default and I favor the
"include all" behavior.

Just an idea.

> The [@...@] markup is now the "preformatted text" markup.  It can be
> used instead of the space+[=...=] markup to generate blocks of
> preformatted and escaped text.  It's also fairly smart about handling
> extra newlines inside the [@...@], so that there isn't a lot of
> unwanted vertical space displayed in the output.

"Extra newlines"?  If it's preformatted text, how do you know which
are "extra"?  Or do you mean that newlines aren't generated for the
first or last lines in something like this:

[@
foo bar baz
@]

?