[pmwiki-users] Kind-of Blog, a blog for PmWiki

Ryan R. Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 11:13:50 CST 2005

> nice one, I just setup a plain pmwiki with only this recipe to test it.

Great, glad to hear it!

> (1)
> if I select a past/future date from the dropdown on the postentry form,
> all works correct (listing on digest and archive), but the timestamp is
> always the real post date.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I'm not really sure what the best way to do
that would be.  Right now, the post form is very, very similiar to the
post form used for WikiCalendar, since that's what I used as a
starting point.  When a post is created, the system time is used to
construct a formatted time string that is put inside (:div...:) markup
to create the timestamp.  It would be pretty easy to take the *date*
from the dropdown list and the time from the system.  Would that be an
acceptible solution?

> (2)
> would it be possible to edit a given post in the postentry form (as in
> wikiforms)?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, so I'll explain how I think it
works.  Let me know if it's not what you had in mind. :-)

The post form creates a wiki page with the date as its page name.  It
collects the heading, post content, permanent link, and timestamp into
on string, and puts that into the wiki page.  If you go to that page
(either directly, or by clicking on its permalink), you'll be taken to
the wiki page, which may be edited like any other wikipage.

Are you saying you would like to post AND edit blog entries from the same form?

Ryan