[pmwiki-users] search not working

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Dec 31 10:23:14 CST 2005

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 04:03:23PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> I did not know that (:searchresults group={$Group}:) from Site.Search
> are used as template if searching from other pages with action=search.

Yes.  Site.Search determines what is displayed in response to
?action=search .

> Putting (:searchresults group={$Group}:) in another page will not
> restrict the results showing to that group, if Site.Search contains
> (:searchresults:). Why not?

Ummm, I'm afraid I don't understand the question here --
(:searchresults group={$Group}:) should always restrict results
to the current group (unless overridden by a search parameter).
Is there a case where this isn't working?

> How are pagelist parameters working in (:searchresults:)?

They're essentially the same -- (:searchresults:) is different
in that it doesn't display any results except in response to a query,
and it displays the result outputs in a slightly different format
(including the search query and number of articles searched in
the display of the results).