[pmwiki-users] how does one encode "file:" link in a wiki page?

Gautam H. Thaker gthaker at atl.lmco.com
Tue Feb 1 10:57:02 CST 2005

> Aha!  This is apparently a Firefox security setting.
>
> In Firefox, enter "about:config" in the address bar, then scroll down
> to the setting for "security.checkloaduri", and change it to false by
> double-clicking on it.  After making this change, file:///C:/...
> works even when it's coming from an external web page.

Yes! This works the same in mozilla 1.7.3.

I found this on google:

"For security reasons, Mozilla does not allow web content to link to local
files. An error like:Security Error: Content at url may not load or link to
file:///something will appear in the javascript console. If you need to follow
links to local paths it is recommended that you drag the link to the location
bar and then drop it on the webpage. If you really don't like the security check
and are willing to risk all files on your system and that your system can access
then you may add the following line to user.js in your personal profile
directory. user_pref("security.checkloaduri", false); (Bug 84128)"

Gautam