[pmwiki-users] Pmwe and Userauth help . . .

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 22:02:05 CST 2005

Okay, I have some good news and not-so-good news.

For those who might be familiar with the old 'pmwe' application, I
have it working with Vanilla PmWiki. Pmwe is a perl script that calls
a PmWiki page and feeds it to your text editor of choice. AFAIK, it is
*nix specific, but only because I live in the Linux world and haven't
tried anywhere else. Pmwe used to work with v.1, but was broken with
v.2. I have it working again and plan to publish soon.

However, I find that it can't handle the security mechanism
"userauth." I can only conclude that the cause is due to userauth
having page-based authentication, whereas Vanilla PmWiki uses Basic
Authentication. I would like to retune userauth to have it rely upon
Basic Authentication. Fixing this behavior will also resolve a problem
I read recently on the list.

The "bad news" is I am in law school and don't have a heck of a lot of
time to root through the problem in Userauth and resolve. Could
somebody take a stab?

--
Ben Wilson
" Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"