[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Question about HTML output for link targets

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 7 11:26:35 CST 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 11:09:40AM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> > PmWiki would likely default to a relative setting for $ScriptUrl, and
> > use $ScriptHostUrl in those places where it's known that relative uris
> > have caused trouble in the past (i.e., search forms, mailpost scripts,
> > etc.).
>
> Why not use $ScriptRelativeUrl for the URL that's supposed to be relative,
> and $ScriptAbsoluteUrl for a URL that's always absolute?

Only because it's a little *too* verbose and that there's a lot of
stuff that depends on $ScriptUrl.  I'd like $ScriptUrl to continue to be
the variable that does what one tends to expect (i.e., build the base
reference to the wiki), with another variable to handle the case where
$ScriptUrl doesn't work as-is.