[pmwiki-users] using PITS as a project manager

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Feb 7 23:02:12 CST 2005

On Tuesday, 8 February 2005 8:17 AM, Knut Alboldt <pmwiki at alboldt.de> wrote:
>John Rankin schrieb:
>> At the moment, nothing is properly documented or tested,
>
>ok, if you need testers: I'll join your team :-)
>
>Knut

Those interested, have a look at:
http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki2/index.php?n=Issues.Issues

There is a sample (and undocumented) form template page at:
http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki2/index.php?n=Issues.FormTemplate

It produces a form like this:
http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki2/index.php?n=Issues.NewIssue

There is one record:
http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki2/index.php?n=Issues.00001

Click the Edit Form link at the bottom right of the page to load the data from the page into the form.

I think a good test would be to choose one of the several suggested uses and set up a form for it. So let's identify candidates and then pick one. The following people (and possibly others I missed) have noted interest:

Hugo Fjelsted Alrøe
Neil Herber
Luca Marletta (time sheets)
Knut Alboldt (problem management)
pyg_listes (project tasks)

The candidate needs to be simple enough to be manageable and rich enough to exercise the capabilities. From the look of it, we may even end up with a complete, forms-based wiki project control system. Add in the wiki calendar and you have progress reporting as well.

The main thing that's stopping me releasing it as a recipe is that the template markup is undocumented and can probably be improved. But being able to define a form using a wiki page template is definitely the way to go. However, changing the template will seriously break editing of existing records.
--
JR