[Pmwiki-users] skin switching problem

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis
Tue Jan 18 12:57:59 CST 2005

Hi all, I'd like to know if any of you are having the same
difficulties I'm having with skinchange.php -- it not only doesn't
work, but prevents any content from being displayed.  There is no
error onscreen, just a pure white expanse.  (There might be something
in a logfile somewhere, but I don't know where to find those.)  I'm
testing with a fresh install of pmwiki2 beta19, with the script in
/local.  The relevant chunk of config.php currently looks like this:

  ## If you want to have a custom skin, then set $Skin to the name
  ## of the directory (in pub/skins/) that contains your skin files.
  ## See PmWiki.LayoutBasics and Cookbook.Skins.
  #$Skin = 'pmwiki';
  $Skin = 'flexipure';
  #$Skin = 'bronwyn';
  #$Skin = 'lean';
  #$Skin = 'marathon';
  #$Skin = 'beeblebrox-gila2';
  #$Skin = 'dropdown';

  ## Set up skinswitcher
  $PageSkinList = array(
    'pmwiki' => 'pmwiki.tmpl',
    'bronwyn' => 'bronwyn.tmpl',
    'lean' => 'lean.tmpl'
    'marathon' => 'marathon.tmpl'
    'gila' => 'beeblebrox-gila2.tmpl'
    'dropdown' => 'dropdown.tmpl');
  @include_once('local/skinchange.php');

As well as the above, I''ve tried it with
* $Skin not set
* array lines like 'pmwiki' => 'pmwiki', (as if I were setting $Skin
rather than referring to a tmpl file)
* include_once('local/skinchange.php'); (no @ in front)

I can only conclude that either I've really screwed up the
configuration somewhere, despite following the instructions, the
instructions are wrong somehow, or that the posted version of
skinchange.php is broken.  I think the first two are a lot more likely
given that pmwiki.org is presumably using the script, and it's clearly
working *there*.

You can see the problem live at
http://arndis.godsong.org/pmw2b19-broken/pmwiki.php/Skin/FlexiPure.  I
have set $EnableDiag = 1; in case it helps.

Bronwyn