[Pmwiki-users] ExtendedMarkup.php bug

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Jan 19 20:25:37 CST 2005

Quote from 11 Jan archive:

I found a quirk in this routine of the ExtendedMarkup.php (Also doesn't
work right in Beta 15):

function TitleParagraph($pagename,$anch) {
I have this page query that is being molested by the above mentioned
routine

Suggested answer:
Here is what I think is happening.

The routine in question looks to see if linked to pages start with ! or : and uses the text it finds as a tool tip on the link. For example, I write:

    See SomePage for an explanation.

and SomePage starts

    !!Explanation of undesirable behaviours

The link to SomePage will carry a tool tip 'Explanation of undesirable behaviours'.

To make this work, the TitleParagraph function tries to identify and remove wiki markup from the first paragraph text, before returning it as a tool tip.

It looks as if it's not removing everything it needs to. Specifically, I think it's breaking on %...% markup. To test this, try the following:

- identify the page reference(s) that cause(s) the break

- go to that page and if the first paragraph is of the form

    !!Here is %...%information%%

- if so, remove the styling markup temporarily

- see if that fixes the problem

- send me some examples of opening paragraphs that are breaking the referring page so that I can replicate and fix the problem(s)

I'll also add a configuration parameter so an administrator can turn off the tool tips option.

My apologies for the delay in replying. I have been away and only just looked at the archive.

Hope this helps.
--
JR