[Pmwiki-users] Idea for extension of special list syntax

Neil Herber nospam
Thu Jan 20 08:37:29 CST 2005

At 2005-01-20  04:01 PM +0100, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
>What I would like is to be able to write the following:
>
>         * short item
>         * longer item
>         * this is an incredibly long item
>           that will end up occupying several
>           lines.
>
>where you should note the extra two spaces before "that will end...".
>Hopefully PmWiki could recognize that the line before "  that will..." is
>an item, with it's item text starting at column 2 in this case, and then
>recognize that the next line starts with 2 spaces and therefore actually
>belongs to the same item.

I think this could be "cured" by having PmWiki *not* emit the </ul> tag
until it encounters a blank line after a list.  I am surprised that this is
not the default - there must be a good reason!

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668