[Pmwiki-users] Idea for extension of special list syntax

chr@home.se chr
Thu Jan 20 11:18:39 CST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Neil Herber wrote:

> At 2005-01-20  05:48 PM +0100, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
> >Here you go:
> >         http://www.pmwiki.com/wiki/Test/SyntaxForLongListItems
> >
> > > Is there a group or an area on PmWiki.org where such examples would
> > have an
> > > natural home?
> >
> >How about where I put the example above?
>
> I posted my comments there ...

It's probably a good idea to post the comments both on the wiki page and
post them on the list... sort of like a short time scale v.s. a long time
scale. The wiki page will be around for a while, but we'll probably forget
about this thread in a short while :-)

Anyway... I think we might still be misunderstanding each other... my
intention is that all the three snippets should be rendered in the same
way.  To be specific, I'd like:

	* An item
	* Another item
	* A third item with a very long line that keeps on going and going and going and going

to be rendered the same way that

	* An item
	* Another item
	* A third item with a very long line \
	  that keeps on going, and going and \
	  going and going

just like before. In addition, I'd like to be able to write:

	* An item
	* Another item
	* A third item with a very long line
	  that keeps on going, and going and
	  going and going

I don't understand your suggestion of using a right margin though...

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr