[pmwiki-users] how does one encode "file:" link in a wiki page?

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Mon Jan 24 14:01:57 CST 2005

At 2005-01-24  08:33 PM +0100, malexism (f) is rumored to have said:
>Hello,
>
>I am new too, and my english is... primitive :-)
>
>I read this list 5 or 6 days ago, I have read the documentation, but !
>I can't find the way to include some html code in the pmwiki.tmpl file ; I
>have to share parts of pages from a site, for example a header or
>some  menus, in the pmwiki part of this web site. I do not want to include
>in the tmpl file an extract of a pmwiki page, but static external html.
>
>thanks.
>
>marc-alexis

Marc-Alexis

I cannot tell what you want to do. Do you want to:

1) Add some HTML statements into pmwiki.tmpl? Just put them inline.

2) Use some kind of "include" directive in pmwiki.tmpl that will insert
HTML code from a static file. (Using a file system reference). Probably
best with a PHP include directive.

3) Use some kind of "include" directive in pmwiki.tmpl that will insert the
HTML code from a rendered HTML page. (Using a URL reference). See
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/IncludeUrl for a start. I do not think
it will work inside pmwiki.tmpl.

Choice 3 can present a security risk.

Neil