[pmwiki-users] Dare I edit the page? (Was: suggestion for continuously improving...

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Fri Jan 28 12:07:25 CST 2005

At 2005-01-28  06:41 PM +0100, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
>So what I'm wondering is if we can come up with some nice way to indicate
>that people are welcome to edit the page, or perhaps on the contrary, that
>you should now what you are doing?  What would the different "levels" be?

If we are talking strictly about PmWiki.org pages, then I think the
mechanism is already in place, although not explicit.

If there is a page that Patrick feels should not be edited, he can put and
edit password on it (I have yet to find such a page).

If you are confident that your changes are valid and valuable, then you
should definitely edit the page.

If you want to comment on the page without editing the existing body, then
add a bit at the end. Eventually the material will be incorporated.

If you have extensive comments about a page, but you don't want to overload
it, just put a link to a comments page. Something like "Suggestions for
improving Author Tracking" or "Comments on Security".

If you have created a cookbook entry or test page that is relevant, then
link to it from the docs.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/