[pmwiki-users] name of script in farm fields

Jeremy Sproat sproaticus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 00:21:49 CDT 2005

I agree, I'm struggling with setting up a farm - the PmWiki.WikiFarms
page needs to be clarified a bit.

For example, if I put my farm in a non-web-accessible directory, do I
need to move the pub/ directory into a web-accessable place?  (And
does this web-accessable place need to reside in a field, or can it be
somewhere else on the web server?)  Or do I need to copy it to the
field directory, leaving a copy in the farm location?

Also, a couple of notes are needed on:

* Addressing a farm spanning more than one domain name or scheme (e.g.
wiki1.server.com vs. wiki2.server.com, or even just http://server vs.
https://server, etc.) - how does this affect the pub/ directory
location?  Can I set the $FarmPubDirUrl variable to a field-specific
directory (to avoid mixed secure pages and non-secure skin graphics)?
* Addressing the mod-rewrite rule changes for farms, based on
Cookbook.CleanUrls (though this text may be better located in
Cookbook.CleanUrls, and pointed to from PmWiki.WikiFarms...hmm)
* And lastly, it appears that the .htaccess file for the field's
wiki.d/ is not created by the script, and needs to be dropped in by
hand.

Cheers,
 - sproaticus