[pmwiki-users] name of script in farm fields

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 6 00:45:59 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 12:21:49AM -0500, Jeremy Sproat wrote:
> I agree, I'm struggling with setting up a farm - the PmWiki.WikiFarms
> page needs to be clarified a bit.

Lots of people agree that the WikiFarms docs needs help -- feel free
to improve it.  :-)

> For example, if I put my farm in a non-web-accessible directory, do I
> need to move the pub/ directory into a web-accessable place?

Yes.

> (And
> does this web-accessable place need to reside in a field, or can it be
> somewhere else on the web server?)  Or do I need to copy it to the
> field directory, leaving a copy in the farm location?

It can go anywhere on the web server, as long as you set $FarmPubDirUrl
to be able to find it.

> Also, a couple of notes are needed on:
>
> * Addressing a farm spanning more than one domain name or scheme (e.g.
> wiki1.server.com vs. wiki2.server.com, or even just http://server vs.
> https://server, etc.) - how does this affect the pub/ directory
> location?  Can I set the $FarmPubDirUrl variable to a field-specific
> directory (to avoid mixed secure pages and non-secure skin graphics)?

Yes, as long as $FarmPubDirUrl points to a place where the pub/
files are located, it's okay.

> * Addressing the mod-rewrite rule changes for farms, based on
> Cookbook.CleanUrls (though this text may be better located in
> Cookbook.CleanUrls, and pointed to from PmWiki.WikiFarms...hmm)

Each field generally ends up with its own CleanUrls configuration;
the farm doesn't matter.

> * And lastly, it appears that the .htaccess file for the field's
> wiki.d/ is not created by the script, and needs to be dropped in by
> hand.

The .htaccess file is created automatically the first time a
page is created in the field.