[pmwiki-users] Div Markup + Wiki Styles for Image Placement

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jul 9 10:21:16 CDT 2005

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 05:43:45PM +1000, Algis Kabaila wrote:

> BTW, in my very limited experience with clients on our pcug-pmwiki
> (http://www.pcug.org.au/oss/2/pmwiki.php),
> I had some users asking about the margin around pictures and claiming that
> this was the most important feature that was missing from pmwiki.

Believe it or not, I tend to agree.  We just need to figure out how
it should work from an author perspective (what markup to use) and
what can be accomplished within the constraints of HTML and CSS.

> My home pmwiki (on localhost) is beta40 (and will probably be updated
> tonight) , but the pcug-pmwiki is still beta36. I have grown scared of
> updating, but will do so to get the "margin around pictures" for our users.

PmWiki tries really hard to make updating safe.  But if you're concerned
about protecting the site content, it's a really good idea to simply
make a copy of the wiki.d/ directory (and perhaps uploads/ also).  If
anything goes wrong, it's relatively easy to restore these directories
back to the server.