[pmwiki-users] user-customisation of edit form

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 20 09:09:12 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 10:14:06AM +0100, Hans wrote:
> With the new Site.EditForm and the Site.Preferences I was thinking
> that it may be nice if users can choose to build their own edit form
> and have this set via Site.Preferences, since we are all so
> individualistic and prefer the edit window in so many different ways.
> with an entry pointing to their customised edit form.
> [...]
> Now I wonder if this would be a generally desirable feature, I wonder
> if  $PageEditForm = '$[Site.EditForm]' could be enabled in the pmwiki
> distribution?
>
> Anyone who likes this?

I like it.  But how do we help someone recover if they set their
Site.EditForm preference to a page with a malformed edit form, or
to a page that doesn't have an edit form at all?

This may actually be a more generic question -- how can PmWiki
detect when the edit page is malformed and/or provide an option to
bypass it...?  For the time being I've added an editform= option,
but it seems like something more 'automatic' is desirable here...