[pmwiki-users] user-customisation of edit form

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 09:58:26 CDT 2005

Wednesday, July 20, 2005, 3:09:12 PM, Patrick wrote:
> I like it.  But how do we help someone recover if they set their
> Site.EditForm preference to a page with a malformed edit form, or
> to a page that doesn't have an edit form at all?

Maybe the process of creating a personal Preference page and a
personal (customised) EditForm page can be made more explicit, to
discourage anyone from directly editing Site.EditForm and
Site.Preferences (these pages could have a separate edit lock on them
as well), and make it explicit that a cookie is set, so a simple
action link on Site.Site like
  [[{$Name}?setprefs=| Restore default site preferences]]
will unset the cookie and recover the situation.

The setting or unsetting of the setprefs cookie is not very obvious
now.

Best,
~Hans