[pmwiki-users] Re: ... MarkupExtensions and other interdependent recipes

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Jun 13 16:34:14 CDT 2005

On 14 Jun 2005, John Rankin wrote:

> I half figured it out and uploaded the result (with a new stylesheet)
> to the Cookbook.MarkupExtensions page.

Great! And thanks, I was hoping to be able to use teasers again :-)

FWIW, adding this to my farmconfig.php

	  SDV($MarkupExtensionsFmt, array("para"));
	  include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/extendmarkup.php");

works fine for just enabling the teasers. The only real problem is
figuring out that teasers are enabled with 'para' - OTOH, I didn't read
the documentation since I figured it out in just a few seconds.

Here's a few comments from testing it out.

* Why call the .css for markup.css instead of extendmarkup.css?
  Maybe give a motivation for why on the cookbook page?
* It'd be nice if the files came bundled in a .tar-file, so you can simply
  extract all of them from the wiki directory.

The wiki page needs a bit of work, but I guess that's a sign indicating
how popular your extensions are :-)  I hope you don't mind that I moved
your change log to

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensionsChangeLog

Similarly, it'd probably be a good idea to ask Patrick to enable the
markup extensions for

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensionsDemo

and possibly a

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensionsSandbox

You do give some examples at your site, but it'd be nice to have a page on
pmwiki.org, that you also know only uses a plain installation of the
markup extensions.

I know that I promised to help with this stuff quite some time ago, but I
still haven'd had time (same as everyone I guess).

regards
/Christian