[pmwiki-users] authuser

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 06:02:45 CDT 2005

Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 10:07:06 AM, Hans wrote:
> I just installed beta 39, and failing to get authuser to work.
> I installed in config.php (in a field part of a farm):

>    include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
>    $AuthUser['hans'] = crypt('mypass');

okay i made a mistake.  I swapped the lines around so $AuthUser[] is
defined before calling the script.

    $AuthUser['htpasswd'] =
    'd:/www/flutesong/pmwiki/testwiki/local/.htpasswd';
    $AuthUser['hans'] = crypt('mypass');
    include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

It still does not open, but by putting in debug echos
I can see that Authuser [...] gets processed up to
function AuthenticateUser($authid), the function is called
succesfully but fails to open the page.

Content of .htpasswd gets also processed, but the page does not open
(stuck with the authentication form).
The sample on Cookbook/userauth does not apply well, it would be good
to know the syntax for a .htpasswd file.

Another point:
In authuser.php should the lines

   # If the admin hasn't configured any password entries, just return.
   if (!$AuthUser) return;

not come before the $AuthPromptFmt, so the prompt does not load if no
AuthUser is defined?

~Hans