[pmwiki-users] authuser

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Jun 21 06:34:15 CDT 2005

At 2005-06-21  12:02 PM +0100, Hans is rumored to have said:
>Content of .htpasswd gets also processed, but the page does not open
>(stuck with the authentication form).
>The sample on Cookbook/userauth does not apply well, it would be good
>to know the syntax for a .htpasswd file.

My Apache .htpasswd file is a series of lines like this:

username:password

where "password" is the crypt'ed value of the password.

In a previous posting you mentioned the need to put in a full path to the
.htpasswd file. I am running on Windoze and have not found any way around
this, and I even have to specify full paths in my httpd.conf file for
things like virtual host directories.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/