[pmwiki-users] Google: sitemap_gen.py

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Jun 29 01:54:45 CDT 2005

Nils Knappmeier wrote:

> Notify Google of every single change... I would just like to remind you
> all that Google is not the only search engine out there, although
> sometimes it might seem that way.

Um... your point is valid, but I'd recommend supporting Google
notifications anyway. Other search engines can be added as they offer
similar mechanisms. (After all, it's not that we prefer Google because
it's the largest search engine out there, we'd support it first because
it had the idea first - and *that* is OK by my book.)

Regards,
Jo