[pmwiki-users] First class attachments

Ryan Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 11:31:42 CST 2005

[Sorry, I meant to send this to the entire list]

Gallery is "the" open source image gallery.  v2 is especially neat.
You can check it out at http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php.  There
is a pinned "demo sites" thread on the forum, here's the first one
listed:  http://rickshell.com/gallery/main.php.

Now I'm new to the list and haven't been able to digest this
wikitrails argument, but I was going to ask a related question:  can
attachments be made into their own entity?  I love pmWiki and have had
a great time hacking it to my liking, but I haven't been able to
figure out exactly how it constructs a link outside of upload.php.

I'm trying to customize my hyperlinks and standardize everything to
bracket notation.  This is fine for wiki links (normal styles) and
external URLs (wikipedia-esque "open in new window" icon) because they
have their own styles.  But attachments, so far as I can tell, are
treated as urllinks.  I want to specify a seperate download icon for
attachment links.  Ideally, I would use different icons for different
attachments (e.g., .doc gets a Word icon, .pdf gets a PDF, etc).  I do
not believe that would be difficult if I could figure out the link
maker.  I already have upload.php create link text that puts the
extension in parenthesis if pipe-notation is used to specify the
attachment name.  A little conditional logic should be all that's
required to use that extension to specify an image...

Ryan