[pmwiki-users] small password and skin query?

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Fri Mar 18 14:31:14 CST 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 00:03, you wrote:
> At 12:43 PM 3/18/2005, V.Krishn wrote:
> >Hello,
> >I was wanting to know if we can set the password in skin.php file:
> >eg
> >$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('mysecret');
>
> Can? yes. Should? NO. Skins are supposed to be 'look' changes, not
> functional changes.
>
> Though I confess I have a nagging suspicion that 'look' and 'feel' belong
> together and that the separation Skin-Recipe is faulty. No wonder both
> recipes and skins exist in the cookbook group on pmwiki.org
:)) ah... reading my mind

> >Secondly,
> >Is it possible to set the print-skin in skin.php file itself.
> >i.e
> >$ActionSkin['print'] = 'someskin/print';
>
> I guess you could, if you wanted to tie the look of the printed pages to
> the look of the skin itself. Makes quite a bit of sense, actually.
Yup.... very much. I would like users just to make one entry in config.php
file and i.e
$skin = 'someskin';
Unless there are some weird configurations required.
We could always use SDV while setting $ActionSkin so that if any author is
paranoid about some print skin he could alway stick to it in his config.php
file. :-)