[pmwiki-users] Re: Forum and guestbook for 2.x beta

A Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Mar 18 15:47:26 CST 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 03:42, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 02:24:53 -0800
> From: "Oneida Kincaid" <oneida.kincaid at verizon.net>
> Subject: [pmwiki-users] Re: Forum and guestbook for 2.x beta?
> To: <pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>
>
> On 3/17/2005 4:58:37 PM, Radu wrote:
> >Could someone who knows these two recipes
> >bring them over to v2 Cookbook and check out
> >the docs? Those are two more things to add
> >under ADDONS
>
> Per Radu's request and because Patrick Ogay has been quiet
> lately, I've taken the liberty of adding Patrick's v2
> guestbook and forum recipes (which I'm using on my web site)
> to the v2 cookbook and also listed them on the PmWiki
> Features page under "Addons".
>
> I've never added a cookbook page before and this was a
> middle-of-the-night, bleary-eyed effort, so I'd appreciate
> it if someone more experienced would proof the relevant
> cookbook pages (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Forum
> and http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Guestbook).

If I am "more experienced", it certainly is not in anything remotely related
to php - "Hello world" is my "ultimate achievement" in php.  Strange, but
there is too much to do in the little time that is left...

I tried the Forum on my personal wiki (at home and not seen from outisde of
it).  I did use the (:$Forum:) directive.  It looks fine, except that the
topic of discussion gets merged into a long "WikiWord" without blank spaces.

There is probably a directive that would generally separate the wiki words and
eliminate this not really aestetic aspect of the forum-subject titles.

However, would it not be better to hide the "real wiki name" of the page,
which includes the (apparently) random generated addition to the topic as a
heading (which, I assume, is the file name)?

Looks to me like an addition well worth of further exploration.  Thanks for
your effort.

Al.

--
Algis Kabaila