[pmwiki-users] floating box on the right

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Mar 23 22:16:55 CST 2005

On Thursday, 24 March 2005 2:59 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
[snip]
Agreed.

>It certainly would not be too difficult to simply add another
>wikistyle attribute that indicates the semantic meaning of a
>particular style (and thereby be usefully used in translating
>text delimited by the wikistyle to something other than HTML).

How would that relate to the %define=...% syntax, which can be
used either to define appearance:

    %define=hotpink color=#ff69b4%

or meaning:

    %define=embarrased color=#ff69b4%

The benefit of using markup rather a 'semantic meaning attribute'
is that the markup defines a controlled vocabulary, which makes it
easier to analyse. I need to think about this some more...

--
JR