[pmwiki-users] Re: Floating tekst around pictures

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Mar 25 17:10:29 CST 2005

On Saturday 26 March 2005 05:00, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:28:04 +0100
> From: Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org>
> Subject: [pmwiki-users] Re: Floating tekst around pictures
> To: pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
>
> > On Thursday 24 March 2005 21:59, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >
> >>    %align=left width=200%
> >>
> >>will float the image left and size it to 200 pixels.
> >>
> >>Pm
>
> Floating works all right for me, and the text starts to the right of the
> image, but for some reason it starts with the bottom line aligned to the
> bottom of the child, something like this:
>
>    +-------------+
>    |             |
>    |    image    |
>    |             |
>    +-------------+ Text begins here
>    and continues here.
>
> Does anybody has a clue why this happens? (Sounds like a CSS issue, but
> I don't know which CSS styles can affect this behavior...)
>
> Regards,
> Jo

Joachim,

I don't have a clue why this happens, but happen it does.  I "cheated" by
starting the text just before the image and that got the "text begins here"
to the top corner of the picture.

If it is of any interest, you can see a newbie's (my) example of this
"cheating" on the following link:

http://www.pcug.org.au/oss/2/pmwiki.php/OpenSource/TheAdmin

If you do, please leave a note in the Guestbook. I think the PmWiki is great
and I am grateful the Pm for authoring it and to Lawrie Brown for suggesting
it to us.

OldAl.

--
Algis Kabaila