[pmwiki-users] Including pre-defined text blocks in PmWiki pages

Tom Holroyd tomh at kurage.nimh.nih.gov
Mon Mar 28 10:04:57 CST 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> The administrator can also define custom markup sequences -- see
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomMarkup .  For example,
> the admin can define {$Address} with:
>
>     Markup('address', '{$var}',
>       '/{\\$Address}/',
>       'predefined text goes here');

Hmm.  The {$var} phase isn't mentioned on that page.  How is this
different from:

	Markup('macroname', 'fulltext', '{macroname}',
		'random replacement text');

Would that $var form make it a global (for the page)?  If you give it
arguments, like '{\\$macro (.*)}' (I'm confusing regexp syntax here, I
think), and then use ParseArgs somehow...  Or maybe fulltext would be
fine...

(random thoughts)

{def name {args ...} {body}}
{name arg1 arg2 ...}

--
Dr. Tom Holroyd
"A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and