[pmwiki-users] New pages link

Pierre Rouzeau pierre at rouzeau.net
Thu Mar 31 12:41:32 CST 2005

hello all,

General behaviour of browser about [Enter] key when being in a html form
is :

- If there is *no* <textarea> field in the form, pressing [enter] is
equivalent to press the *first* button of the form. If there is no
button, enter submit the form.
So, the searchbox being the only field in its form, you normally do not
need the button.
Though I think in term of ergonomy the [ Ok ] button is an 'invitation'
to the user and underline the fact that this is an input field. Giving
some emphasis to the search function by this way is, I think, a good thing.

Regards

have a look there
http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/www/formquestion.html

Page principale - Main page  -  www.rouzeau.net <http://www.rouzeau.net>