[pmwiki-users] Observations on wiki trails

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri May 20 08:29:06 CDT 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 02:02:31PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I just checked the wikitrail markup in the PmWiki.DocumentationIndex
> page and notices the following... er... oddities:
>
> The %trail% markup doesn't work on page PmWiki.GroupHeaders. I would
> have understood that if it where page GroupHeader (note the missing
> plural s), which defines that markup in the first place - but why
> doesn't it work on GroupHeaders?

GroupHeaders seems to have a "(:nogroupheader:)" and "(:nogroupfooter:)"
directive in it.

> On the PmWiki.Upgrades and PmWiki.DesignNotes pages, the <<|...|>>
> markup is recognized but doesn't give the links to the previous and next
> page in the trail.

The WikiTrail seems to be having trouble with the (es) in its link
on DocumentationIndex.  The DesignNotes page is a link to pmwiki.org
(as opposed to being a local page reference) so it's not included
in the trail.  (We can include it in the trail but this requires
including the DesignNotes in the distribution as well, and I kind of
like having it hosted on pmwiki.org.)