[pmwiki-users] Observations on wiki trails

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Fri May 20 09:28:31 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>> The %trail% markup doesn't work on page PmWiki.GroupHeaders. I
>> would have understood that if it where page GroupHeader (note the
>> missing plural s), which defines that markup in the first place -
>> but why doesn't it work on GroupHeaders?
>
> GroupHeaders seems to have a "(:nogroupheader:)" and
> "(:nogroupfooter:)" directive in it.

Doh... anybody got objections to removing these?

>> On the PmWiki.Upgrades and PmWiki.DesignNotes pages, the <<|...|>>
>> markup is recognized but doesn't give the links to the previous and
>
> [...] The DesignNotes page is a link to pmwiki.org (as opposed to
> being a local page reference) so it's not included in the trail.  (We
> can include it in the trail but this requires including the
> DesignNotes in the distribution as well, and I kind of like having it
> hosted on pmwiki.org.)

Agreed - not everything on pmwiki.org should go into the distribution.

I have hardcoded the trail links on PmWiki.DesignNotes, but I'm not too
happy with that solution: if anybody ever rearranges the list on
PmWiki.DocumentationIndex, the hardcoded links will be wrong. I've added
a comment to that amount to DocumentationIndex.

Regards,
Jo