[pmwiki-users] White space indent for pmwiki.org/wiki/TestWS

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 14 07:58:01 CST 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 12:55:35PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> Hi Patrick
>
> I'd just like to check that indentation based on whitespace is activated
> for this group:
>
> 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/TestWS/TestWS
>
> since I'd like to start testing/documenating it.
>
> It does seem to be at least partially activate... but I'm confused.
> Why does this
>
> 	* This
> 	  should
> 	  become
> 	  single
> 	  line
>
> render as follows
>
> 	* This
> 	  should become a single line

It's a bit complicated, but the answer is that PmWiki currently
treats the ws indent as being a separate (nested but not indented)
block from the list item itself.  Another way of thinking of it
(and looking at it via the HTML output) is that the subsequent lines
form separate paragraphs from the list item itself.

I agree it's a little confusing.  I'm not sure it's easily fixable yet,
but I'll keep thinking on it.