[pmwiki-users] Conditional Directive based on time

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Wed Oct 12 11:38:27 CDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 05:25:07PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 5:17:14 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> > doesn't optimizing for authors (ala, PmWikiPhilosophy #1) mean not to
> > confuse them if at all possible? It's simpler for authors to remember to
> > always use "YYYYMMDD" for dates. It's simpler for authors to remember
> > that the dates they write/read are always included in ranges.
>
> I agree totally. Just allow only YYYYMMDD formats.
>
> Now could it be made possible to write
> (:if date 20051012 +30 :) meaning from the 12/10/05 for 30 days?
> Or even
> (:if date today +30 :) meaning from today for 30 days?
> The 'today' would need to be substituted with the correct date format
> when saving the page.

The paragraph immediately after your agreement looks like some slight
disagreement to me :-)

Is that date range 30 days total or 31 days (i.e., Oct 12 and the 30
days afterward)?

What does "today" mean exactly?  Do you expect pmwiki to replace
"today" with the date of the day you wrote that?

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at pobox.com