[pmwiki-users] RSS and xml?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Oct 15 18:42:04 CDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 09:54:09AM -0400, Paul Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Magpie and the rssdisplay script according to instructions
> at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RssFeedDisplay. My feeds (which
> work fine on another Pmwiki site I run on a separate server) aren't
> working. I *think* it's not working because, according to phpinfo, xml
> is not compiled into Apache2. phpinfo says to install xml run urpmi
> php-xml as root at the command line. This was no help.

I think the command was probably supposed to be

   rpm -i php-xml

which would install the php-xml module on the system (assuming you're
running a Red Hat Linux-based OS).

> Does anyone know where I might find simple instructions for
> installing/compiling xml for Apache? I looked here:
> http://xml.apache.org/ but didn't find simple instructions to do this.
>
> Or am I chasing down the wrong path?

You probably need to have XML support in PHP, and that depends on
how PHP was installed on your system.  If your server is running
something similar to Red Hat (and if it's using the OS-provided
packages for Apache), the installing the php-xml package ought to
work.