[pmwiki-users] Re: WikiCalendar and wikiforms

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Oct 25 16:17:27 CDT 2005

On Tuesday, 25 October 2005 8:40 PM, Thomas N. Burg <editor at randgaenge.net> wrote:
>> However, I /think/ I'd prefer to display a title such as
>>
>> "Calendar for the week starting Monday, 24 October 2005"
>>
>> where:
>> - the title text is configurable
>>
>> - 'Calendar' links to the group home page
>>
>> and leave the days as names.
>

>Mhmm, I like the way it is right now except that i'd prefer to have
>short dates as an alternative like dd.mm. since the year is pretty
>clear ;-) Although your alternative is fine too. One need to ask the
>users i'd say. I could do that.

Looking at how my paper diary is laid out, I think the following
could work well:

!![[{$Group}]]: Monday, 24 October 2005

24 Monday (edit)

   text of page

25 Tuesday (edit)

   text of page

and so on. I'd make the day numbers 'drop capitals'. Somebody
who finds this confusing:

!![[{$Group}]]: Monday, 31 October 2005

31 Monday (edit)

   text

1 Tuesday (edit)

   text

perhaps has other, bigger problems.

>There is something else: in wikilog.php is the line =>Posted by
>date ... Would be nice to have that available in i18n

Oops, sorry about that. It also takes advantage of a markup
extension, so the text comes out right aligned, if that
extension is installed and active.

--
JR