[pmwiki-users] recipes on core elements

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Sep 2 17:57:02 CDT 2005

That's what I meant when I said:

> > each time a markup is added that requires rearrangement

However, I just noticed the variable that limits the loop and allows:

>But even here, only the specific dependencies are processed, not
>the entire table.  In other words, when the '[[' markup is defined,
>then at that point PmWiki positions the 'urllink' and 'wikilink'
>markups (and only those markups).

So it's not that much of a drag on the system after all.

I still wonder what is making my test wiki so slow... I might have to
echo stopwatch comments here and there... Say, PM, could the core
EnableDiag echo stopwatch comments in key places (after stuff that
potentially can take a long time) ?

Anyway, the original main issue remains: the more markup authors have
to remember, and the more complex syntax it has, the less likely it
is they'll use it.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)