[pmwiki-users] Re: Monobook & Grease Skins updates

Dominique Faure dominique.faure.1 at free.fr
Wed Sep 7 18:47:42 CDT 2005

At Thursday, September 08, 2005 1:01 AM [GMT+1=CET], H. Fox wrote:

>> Nota: monobook require a slight Site.PageAction modification to keep its
>> current tab behavior (documented in the Cookbook recipe).
>
> If that's so, you can bundle your own Site.PageAction page.
>
> Step 1)
> Create a monobook/wikilib.d/ subdirectory.
>
> Step 2)
> Create your modified Site.PageAction page.
>
> Hint:  Create it with a PmWiki beta release.  (Why? Because otherwise
> it won't be compatible Pmwiki-beta due to changes in the way PmWiki
> handles newlines.)
>
> Optional: Delete some of the non-necessary lines in the file, like
>
>     agent=
>     author=
>     host=
>     author:
>     diff:
>     Host:
>
> Step 3a)
> Copy your custom page from wiki.d/ to the new
> pub/skins/monobook/wikilib.d/ subdirectory.
>
> Step 3b)
> Delete your custom page from wiki.d/ .
>
> Step 4)
> Add the page storage location in your monobook.php file.
>
>     ## Add a custom page storage location for the
>     ## custom Edit Form and a Preferences page.
>     global $WikiLibDirs;
>     $PageStorePath = dirname(__FILE__)."/wikilib.d/\$FullName";
>     $where = count($WikiLibDirs);
>     if ($where>1) $where--;
>     array_splice($WikiLibDirs, $where, 0,
>       array(new PageStore($PageStorePath)));
>
> Hagan

Nice recipe, but I prefer to let the admin/user follow the related recipe
and cook his own meal instead of overloading him with overlapping default
behaviors and values. Anyway, the tab behavior I initiated in the skin
wasn't existing in the MediaWiki version...
...so I think there's no need to break once again PmWikiPhilosophy #3.

Regards,
Dom