[pmwiki-users] protection against reading directories with truncated path

Stephan Schildberg schildberg at scoid.de
Wed Sep 14 05:46:00 CDT 2005

This is a question more regarding  .htaccess files.

How can I protect my "uploads directories" from outside access? You
know, you get a list of the directories  files on the screen.

This is what I do now, inserting an index.htm with that piece of html to
deviate to the next higher level of a PmWiki created page.
Is it secure then? Should I use an appropriate .htaccess file, and how
does it look like?

content="0;URL=http://www.material-raum-form.com/mrf/pmwiki.php/Entrance/Entrance">

The next question is, how I can keep my visitors from watching pages
which do not exist, aka what normally would be a 404 -error page.
Here obviously my method (index.htm - deviation) above does not apply.

Last question in this context is how I can produce a standalone for a cd
(where I would renounce of search features and so on...). - Now I just
make a copy with with WinHTTrack, which makes not very clean URLs., but
at least its a simple solution. -

Will I be able to produce a standalone for a cd , after I protected all
holes for lurking at the the backyard of my site?

Please point me to the description which provides a suitable answer.

regards, Stephan.