[pmwiki-users] No border on a table

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 14 07:47:53 CDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:35:42AM +0100, Rob Fisher wrote:
> Is there a method within PmWiki to turn off the border on a table?  I have
> tried setting border=0 but this has no effect.  I also endevoured to make
> bordercolor=white (the background colour of my page) but this too had no
> effect.
>
> Am I missing something?
> Site @ www.robfisher.info/Wolf
>
> Skin = Simple (with a few small changes!)

Alas, it looks as though the Simple skin modifies the display
of *all* tables used in the page.  From /pmwiki/pub/skins/simple/simple.css:

    table {
        border-collapse: collapse;
        margin-top: 12px;
        margin-bottom: 12px;
    }

    table tr td {
        border: 1px solid #ccc;
        padding: 4px;
    }

which unfortunately is a bit too general, meaning that all tables
get borders whether you like it or not.  :-(

You can work around it by using "(:cell style='border:0px':)" in
your markup, or by fixing the CSS.  However, the skin itself really
needs to be fixed (and updated for 2.0), perhaps I'll do that in
the next day or so if nobody else gets to it.