[pmwiki-users] save problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 15 11:09:08 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 11:49:52AM -0400, Michael Doughty wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> It is 0664. or -rw-rw-r--, the owner is httpsrv, and the group is mine.

This is fine.

> I am attaching it. My apologies to everyone for the size, but I don't
> have a webserver I can post it to right now.

Aha -- I think I found it!

It looks as though your server is automatically redirecting
requests to a secure sockets layer -- i.e., 'https://' instead of
'http://'.   In the process of the redirect, the fact that you're
submitting text to be saved appears to be lost.

Try placing the following lines near the top of local/config.php
(but after the initial "<?php ..." line):

    $ScriptUrl = 'https://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'];
    $PubDirUrl = preg_replace('#/[^/]*$#','/pub',$ScriptUrl,1);

This tells PmWiki to use https:// instead of http:// for
its internally generated urls.  That should fix your problem.

It might be worthwhile for me to have PmWiki automatically detect
when it's being accessed via https:// and use that accordingly.
Any comments from the group at large on this?