[pmwiki-users] Core Spam Blcok Thoughts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Apr 20 16:36:48 CDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 04:10:06PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2006-04-20  11:39 AM -0800, Chris Lott is rumored to have said:
> >1) The problem is that, without an "unblock" procedure I end up having
> >to maintain far too many blocklists. If I have 100 fields in my farm
> >and I want all but one to block most medical terms, that means
> >maintaining a blocklist for the medical terms in 99 different fields
> >since I can't put the med terms in the sitewide blocklist.
> >
> >Or am I misunderstanding something?
>
> One of us (or both ;) is misunderstanding something ...
>
> With the current Blocklist2 script, I cannot see any way to have a
> farm-wide blocklist unless you are willing to share the Site group,
> which is where Site.Blocklist lives. (Yes, the *script* can be
> shared, but not the list.)

I haven't looked at Blocklist2 recently, but it should be possible
to have multiple blocklist pages.  Then each site can have a Site.Blocklist,
and a shared farm directory can hold the single Site.FarmBlocklist
page.

(In other words, it's not necessary to share the entire Site group--
one can simply share the single Site.Blocklist or Site.FarmBlocklist page.)