[pmwiki-users] PmCalendar Question

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Sat Apr 29 23:41:12 CDT 2006

Tegan Dowling wrote:
> Is there a 'best practice' procedure established for creating "ACAL"
> entries for recurring PmCalendar events?
>
> I know I could edit a page anywhere on my wiki, and on it create a
> list of links to calendar pages with names in the format
> CalGroup/ACALMMDD, then follow the links and create the pages.  I
> could also just work in the browser's address bar.  But has anyone
> come up with a system that they find works particularly well?
> Especially one that will be close to self-explanatory to non-technical
> users?

Take a look at the http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmCal sample.
At the top you see a link that is:
!![[PmCal?year=ACAL&acals= | Edit/Create Recurring Annual Events]]

If you force the year to of the value ACAL, you can edit events
for annual days just like any other calendar with a normal year
designation.

The acals= simply keeps any included calendars from showing up
when editing the ACAL for the given calendar (eliminates the
noise inside of entries from other calendars).