[pmwiki-users] attachlist format.

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 02:48:28 CDT 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>> Is there a way to display or add a description rather than the filename
>> itself.  So instead of seeing something like
>> "minutes_of_last_meeting.pdf" I would see "minutes of last meeting".
>
> We'd need to have a way of associating descriptions with uploads and
> maintaining them as such.  It could probably be done through a separate
> wikipage that would act somewhat like a wikitrail except for
> attachments, but I haven't looked into it too deeply yet (there haven't
> been a lot of requests for anything like this).

I'd certainly be interested in being able to associate a description with
an attachment!  (In fact, I've considered starting on a recipe for this
but as I haven't had time to finish my modified attachlist, it has had to
wait).

I am using PmWiki for work and this is where I really need to be able to
associate the descriptions. A very important reason for having
descriptions is that it would make it easier to find a specific file.

Is there PITS for this yet?

/Christian