[pmwiki-users] pmwiki.org seems slow today btw

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 8 12:51:24 CST 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 11:41:32PM +0100, Sebastian Siedentopf wrote:

> But this brings up an other point: I do not upload recipts anymore,
> because people expect that original author maintains the recipt
> through all the PmWiki updates. This is understandable, but not
> always possible. I for one miss some kind of Hack or Snippet section
> where you can exchange code snippets or non production/recipt quality
> code.

The Cookbook is intended to be a "hack/snippet" section, there's
nothing that says that the things that go in the Cookbook have to
be of "production quality".  Many recipes are of that quality, but
it's not a requirement.

My suggestion is that we add a "Status:" line to the cookbook
pages.

For that matter, perhaps we should gradually migrate recipes to
use a more PITS-like template, instead of the "Question/Answer"
format we have now.  For example, something like the
Cookbook.AttachLinks recipe might look like:

    Cookbook.AttachLinks
    --------------------

    Version: 0.1.0
    Requires: pmwiki-2.0.0
    Maintainer: [[~Pm]]
    Contributors: [[~Pm]]
    Categories: [[!Uploads]]

    !!Introduction

    How can I get Attach: links to display by default without the
    "Attach:"?

    !!Answer

    Add the following lines to your config.php...

    !!Notes

Of course, that means we'd really want to have a convenient
mechanism to get the Status/Version/Requires/etc. fields to
appear on separate lines in the output.