[pmwiki-users] pmwiki.org seems slow today btw

Sebastian Siedentopf schlaefer at macnews.de
Wed Feb 8 15:04:31 CST 2006

Am 08.02.2006 um 19:51 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 11:41:32PM +0100, Sebastian Siedentopf wrote:
>>
>> But this brings up an other point: I do not upload recipts anymore,
>> because people expect that original author maintains the recipt
>> through all the PmWiki updates. This is understandable, but not
>> always possible. I for one miss some kind of Hack or Snippet section
>> where you can exchange code snippets or non production/recipt quality
>> code.
>
> The Cookbook is intended to be a "hack/snippet" section, there's
> nothing that says that the things that go in the Cookbook have to
> be of "production quality".

Nobody deleted some of my cookbooks, so I guess that's right ;)

> My suggestion is that we add a "Status:" line to the cookbook
> pages.

I would say this would be an improvement.

> For that matter, perhaps we should gradually migrate recipes to
> use a more PITS-like template, instead of the "Question/Answer"
> format we have now.  For example, something like the
> Cookbook.AttachLinks recipe might look like:
>
>     Cookbook.AttachLinks
>     --------------------

>     Version: 0.1.0
>     Requires: pmwiki-2.0.0
>     Maintainer: [[~Pm]]
>     Contributors: [[~Pm]]
>     Categories: [[!Uploads]]

Generally like it. I'm not shure if Contributors and Categories are
so important that they should be at the top of the page.

If we finally formalize these informations we maybe could come up
with a lokal update information system by comparing local recipes
version with the version available at pmwiki (or elsewhere). Nothing
for the core, but a nice cookbook.

Sebastian

PS: Thanks for fixing PageExits("").